Thursday, December 31, 2009

Blue Moon at New Year's Eve


I remember as a child wondering what the year 2000 would be like. I think I expected to be still around but figured I would be very old. Well its 10 years further on from the millennium and I'm still hanging in there - Improving with age ;-)
It's New Year's Eve and the noughties are about to give way to a new decade. News programmes have reviewed the past ten years and we carry forward the legacies, good and bad, of the decade. Tens(e) years ahead then as we sort those out.
It's clear and very cold this evening. There's a blue moon - that's two full moons in one month. Although blue moons happen every couple of years, the next New Year's Eve blue moon won't happen until 2028. I hope to be around but just in case I'll be raising a glass of champagne to this one at midnight. I hope it's an auspicious start to 2010. We have a lot to put right this decade.